Being a mother is something I have waited and prayed for since I was a young girl mothering dolls. After 4 years of infertility, tests and procedures that failed 100% of the time, we were blessed with a miracle. I have become passionate about helping others through the struggle of infertility and have started a non-profit organization in order to reach out to people across the country.

It has been a process of sorts to be open enough to talk about this part of me, but it is now something that I choose to embrace and appreciate, as I have learned more and more about myself and my purpose.

I hope this blog can be a place where you can find strength and support through others who know the struggle. Please feel free to contact me with questions, advice, or any and all venting. I know that with the help of each other, we can overcome this struggle...or at least handle it in a way that will leave us better for it.

Welcome to my blog - My Journey To Fertility.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Strong

"Strength isn't something you have. It's something God helps you find..."
(if you haven't watched the Emma Smith movie, please do. inspiring.)

Sometimes it's hard to be strong.
Sometimes it's hard for me to be brave.
In the end though, I've found that when things aren't going 'right,'
when labs aren't normal,
and my body isn't acting how it's 'supposed to,'
I can find comfort knowing that God is in this.
He knows more than I do.
It doesn't matter what medication I take, or treatments I go through.
I believe that no matter what financial, physical, or emotional place I'm in,
He knows best.
He knows when.
He knows why.
He has a way that may not be my own...
but it's right.

Finding comfort and strength in this today.

"It is not the design of heaven that we be rescued from all difficult situations. Rather, it is the Lord's will that we learn to handle them."

-Joseph Fielding McConkie

3 comments:

  1. I love your strength! It's great to hear you focus on the positive when it would be so easy to only see the negative in the situation you're in. I actually used you as an example in Relief Society last week. You set such a great example of trusting in God that all things will work out for your good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Amy. That means a lot. You're a good example to me too and always have been. I appreciate your support and I hope you are doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post! You are amazing. Love you!

    ReplyDelete