Being a mother is something I have waited and prayed for since I was a young girl mothering dolls. After 4 years of infertility, tests and procedures that failed 100% of the time, we were blessed with a miracle. I have become passionate about helping others through the struggle of infertility and have started a non-profit organization in order to reach out to people across the country.

It has been a process of sorts to be open enough to talk about this part of me, but it is now something that I choose to embrace and appreciate, as I have learned more and more about myself and my purpose.

I hope this blog can be a place where you can find strength and support through others who know the struggle. Please feel free to contact me with questions, advice, or any and all venting. I know that with the help of each other, we can overcome this struggle...or at least handle it in a way that will leave us better for it.

Welcome to my blog - My Journey To Fertility.

Friday, March 25, 2011

Infertlity Awareness Event

This week I had the priveledge of meeting with Kerstin Daynes. She is the author of Infertility: Help, Hope, and Healing as well as ldsinfertility.org which is an incredible resource. Amazing is an understatement. This woman has put so much work, time, and thought into her pursuit of raising awareness of infertility. She is putting on an event this year that you must attend if you are anywhere close to Salt Lake. Here is the info:

2nd Annual Utah Infertility Awareness Event
Saturday, April 30, 2011
University of Utah, Health Sciences Education Building, Room 1750
9:00am - Noon


Topics will include: Strengthening Relationships, Fears and Concerns of Third Party Reproduction, and Coping with Infertility

Presenters include:
Monica Ashton, MSW, LCSW, Psychotherapist, The Healing Group
Laura Czajkowski, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Department of Psychiatry, University of Utah
Kerstin Daynes, author of Infertility: Help, Hope, and Healing

Registration begins April 1st! Go to www.utahinfertilityawareness.com. It's a FREE event and seating is limited! There will also be a giveaway.


I will absolutely be there! I'm excited to help Kerstin however I can in this cause. It was wonderful talking with her. She understands the struggle and wants to help. And I love that. She is helping us with the 5k run and has already been a huge help. THANK YOU KERSTIN! (for all you do)

I hope to see you all at the event!

2 comments:

  1. We will be there. We went last year and it was great! It's funny that I read about this today as just yesterday we received some potentially devastating and life changing news. With one failed cycle under our belt, we have been gearing up for another. We got the latest sperm analysis back and it said "0"...as in no sperm. I feel like I have been thrown back to 2 years ago, getting the news we would need IVF and now instead, it is the news we may never have our own children. I have a lot of new questions and this event will help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have missed it two years in a row! (i was on the committee last year, but baby kate was born)

    kerstin is my cousin, and is one amazing lady as i'm sure you know! i'm so glad you are in contact with her.

    maybe next year i'll show up!

    ReplyDelete