He's been in Paraguay since February teaching the people there about Jesus Christ. If you want to learn more about what he's teaching, go here. I received a letter from him recently and thought I would share some of it... Pretty good for an almost 20 year old, don't ya think?
"It is amazing to me how great the Lord is to us. I don´t think I will ever fully understand His love for us. He is so merciful and understanding why we go through trials here in this life and it is so bloody comforting to know that He knows exactly what is going on. I had a pretty tough week this week...
I was praying for council and guidance and I was reminded of a talk from last conference. 'Divine Chastening' by Elder Christofferson. This talk has so much meaning to me right now and it really has always reminded me of you and your situation as well. He told the story of the garderner who is pruning his plants down to nothing. The plants seemed to cry and say "Why do you hurt me like this when I was growing so big and mighty? I was making progress and now I'm starting over. Everything was looking up so why did you cut me down?" This is very powerful to me right now. The gardener finally says "I know whats good for you little (plant) by cutting you down I'm helping you to grow."
He always knows exactly what we need and I'm so grateful that He loves us enough to be WILLING to cut us down. He could just ignore us, but He is willing to help us when we dont even appreciate it. I'm very grateful for your example of this principle. You have already mastered this principle of faith and I'm trying my best to develop it right now."


I love that talk. It really does give added strength during life's pruning seasons. Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeletethats the first ive heard that talk. I appreciate when we have loved ones in our life who can say the right things.
ReplyDelete