Being a mother is something I have waited and prayed for since I was a young girl mothering dolls. After 4 years of infertility, tests and procedures that failed 100% of the time, we were blessed with a miracle. I have become passionate about helping others through the struggle of infertility and have started a non-profit organization in order to reach out to people across the country.

It has been a process of sorts to be open enough to talk about this part of me, but it is now something that I choose to embrace and appreciate, as I have learned more and more about myself and my purpose.

I hope this blog can be a place where you can find strength and support through others who know the struggle. Please feel free to contact me with questions, advice, or any and all venting. I know that with the help of each other, we can overcome this struggle...or at least handle it in a way that will leave us better for it.

Welcome to my blog - My Journey To Fertility.

Saturday, September 17, 2011

Hope. I hope.

I don't know why things happen. I don't know why the Lord causes some things to happen for one person and not the other. I do know though, that the Lord has a plan for each of us. And I know that His plan is always better than our own. Always.

I have learned so much from infertility. I will always and forever appreciate the perspective gained from wanting and trying for my children.

There are some incredible people out there who have taught me and helped me through some of my darkest days. I will never forget...and I thank you. Emails from so many of you sharing your story and perspective, healing and supportive words, these have helped change me.

Because of this struggle of infertility, I have my faith again. Because of this struggle, I have a new and better view of life, happiness, and parenthood.

I have endometriosis. I have PCOS. My left tube is blocked.

By an absolute miracle, and after fertility treatments failing 100% of the time, we are expecting...

I know with this news comes hurt for some. I know that hurt all too well... but I continue to pray for comfort, peace, and hope to be granted to all who share this struggle.

Thank you for reading. Thank you for caring. Thank you for your prayers and support. That is the only explanation for this miracle. I know that.

I know that infertility will come to me again; this time in a whole different way, but I know how to face it now. By working through the struggle to help support and strengthen others, we can be and are better for it.

I hope this story brings hope. I hope.

Love, Jill

14 comments:

  1. I love you Jill. :) I really really do. You bring hope to more people than you realize. Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Even though I got your text at 12:47am, I was so excited for you. I cried when I learned my due date was two days after yours (November 25th). I am so full of joy because of the mercies of the Lord. For another opportunity for you to have this miracle in your life. Thank you so much for you faith and trust and sharing your pain and joy with others to help them find strength. Love ya Jill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I knew it!!! Congratulations, Jill! Although graduation is ahead, in a way, your heart never ever leaves the Sisterhood of the Wanting. Not ever. But it is important to never apologize or feel badly for this miracle. I am SO very happy for you. I think you will find, that your appreciation for everything, not only this baby, but everything is heightened. Keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! We are so excited for you both. We are so excited to hear more about this new journey in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. With tears in my eyes....congratulations!!! This is amazing! I see that through faith, diligence in following the Lord, and pain, much pain...a miracle has occurred. Thank you for your example!!!! You will be such an amazing mother. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh jill,

    i am just so very happy for you. "happy" almost feels like the wrong word, because what i am feeling is more reverent than that. maybe it's more a feeling of deep gratitude to heavenly father for blessing you with this miracle. this little babe that you have wanted for so long and with so much aching will be welcome into the most worthy, joyous, waiting arms. imagining your birth experience is giving me goosebumps :). so, so overjoyed for you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I totally blog stalk you. I too have gone through the ugly pains of infertility and after 5 years am expecting in 7 weeks! I check your blog every now and then in HOPES of seeing those words "we are expecting". Tears of joy for you guys!! What an amazing miracle. Congrats and cherish every moment. Gosh I'm so happy for you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm SO excited for you! Congratulations! Was this a result of a treatment or did it happen on it's own? When are you due? That's so great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Jill, I know i've told you this already but I am just so beyond happy for you. Prayers have been answered and I am so very glad it is time for your miracle. You and Allen will be the best parents because of all you've gone through. This was written beautifully and made me cry. You are such an example of faith and I know you have touched so so many people. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am so happy for you guys. I have been often inspired by your words. Infertility is so hard, it has been a comfort to share the journey with those who understand the pain so well. I wish you blessings on your new journey, parenthood!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh!!! I have been reading your blog on and off for awhile and I can honestly say I am MORE than happy for you!!! This gives all of us with infertility HOPE. Thank you so much for being so real about this issue!

    -B

    ReplyDelete
  12. What wonderful news. I check in on your blog every once in a while, and I am SO HAPPY for you. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete