Being a mother is something I have waited and prayed for since I was a young girl mothering dolls. After 4 years of infertility, tests and procedures that failed 100% of the time, we were blessed with a miracle. I have become passionate about helping others through the struggle of infertility and have started a non-profit organization in order to reach out to people across the country.

It has been a process of sorts to be open enough to talk about this part of me, but it is now something that I choose to embrace and appreciate, as I have learned more and more about myself and my purpose.

I hope this blog can be a place where you can find strength and support through others who know the struggle. Please feel free to contact me with questions, advice, or any and all venting. I know that with the help of each other, we can overcome this struggle...or at least handle it in a way that will leave us better for it.

Welcome to my blog - My Journey To Fertility.

Friday, January 7, 2011

Ready

"I waited patiently for the Lord; and He inclined unto me, and heard my cry. He brought me up also out of an horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my goings. And he hath put a new song in my mouth, even praise unto our God: many shall see it, and fear, and shall trust in the Lord. Blessed is that man that maketh the Lord his trust."
Psalm 40:1-4

I feel much better.
After a lot of prayers,
I finally feel confident.
It will be ok,
no matter what happens.
I'm ready for it,
every scary and risky part of it.

Thank you all for the encouraging emails. I want to hug each of you. So...pretend. I pray for each one of you amazing women, so please know that I'm here; ready to listen and share in your struggle. We can do this!

4 comments:

  1. Hi, Jill! I too have been struggling with infertility, and when my sister saw the article in the Desert News, she passed along this link to your blog. My husband and I are trying to adopt now, in addition to continuing with fertility treatments. It's nice to know I'm not alone. HANG IN THERE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just found your blog! It's nice to find another LDS friend out there who's feeling some of the same things I'm feeling. Hubby and I have been trying for 7 1/2 years now. :( I hope to follow along with your story!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am finally caught up on your blog... I am sure you are sick of my comments. You are probably thinking.. "who is this crazy girl from Nebraska who spent the evening reading and commenting on my posts." Well, I am a woman who is struggling and needs to connect with others going through similar situations and feeling similar emotions as me. Plus, my husband is busy watching football so I had plenty of time to read your blog!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Courtney, on the contrary! Totally loving reading all of the comments from "this crazy girl from Nebraska." ;) I'm sorry you have to go through it too, but it's nice to know we're all going through it together. Hang in there ladies!

    ReplyDelete