Being a mother is something I have waited and prayed for since I was a young girl mothering dolls. After 4 years of infertility, tests and procedures that failed 100% of the time, we were blessed with a miracle. I have become passionate about helping others through the struggle of infertility and have started a non-profit organization in order to reach out to people across the country.

It has been a process of sorts to be open enough to talk about this part of me, but it is now something that I choose to embrace and appreciate, as I have learned more and more about myself and my purpose.

I hope this blog can be a place where you can find strength and support through others who know the struggle. Please feel free to contact me with questions, advice, or any and all venting. I know that with the help of each other, we can overcome this struggle...or at least handle it in a way that will leave us better for it.

Welcome to my blog - My Journey To Fertility.

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Daily Herald

Pound the Pavement for Parenthood 5k made the paper! Thanks Lib. Here's a link if you are interested. It was exciting to see even though it's not entirely accurate. I didn't say the things she said I did (Marv should get the credit). Also, not a fantastic picture. Misrepresentation for sure. Marv looks... ?? And I rolled out of bed that morning (who expects a reporter to show up at your yard sale?) and hid behind Marv which only made me look like a timid little wife... if you know me, you know that is not true. It's a very nice article nevertheless. The 5k was wonderful. It was a special day for me. I'll tell you more about it soon, and I'll include some photos. It could not have been more perfect.

2 comments:

  1. ha, I love that, a timid little wife. :) I loved the article, even if wasn't completely accurate. I just loved the fact that it was there. I need to hear about everything. I'll have to call you soon.

    ReplyDelete