The doctor was great. He had a nice office and a grandpa vibe about him. It was strangely comforting.
Turns out our chances for conceiving on our own is a whopping 4%. He said we shouldn't even try IUI because the amount of scarring from my endometriosis. Along with that, the probable "hostile chemical environment" from the wretched disease makes it so sperm/embryo don't really stand a chance. Awesome body, awesome.
I learned alot more about endometriosis and the causes so if you're interested, let me know and I will share the nasty news.
After we talked with my new "grandpa" friend, we met with his nurse and financial assistant. They threw schedules and numbers at us. I think we were both fairly numb at this point. I don't know how much was really digested. I remember looking at Marv while we waited for more paperwork, "As soon as we walk outta here, I'm going to cry." (I was so brave the whole time) His response? "Why because you're going to get a baby?!" (difference between men and women my blogging friends)
So we walked outta there.
And I cried for around 2 hours...
Now I'm racking my brain trying to figure out ways to raise and save money. I have a HUGE yard sale in mind, photo sessions to basically give away (in hopes of raising ok money quickly - and overwhelming myself in a photography way), and hopefully putting on a 5k run. More details to come.
PLEASE let me know if you can help out in any way. Anything will help! Ideas, donations, anything! If you work for a company who may be interested in donating or helping out with a run, will you please email me?
It's a vulnerable and humbling experience to ask for help, but we'll do whatever we have to in order to get our babies here.
Much love world,
Jill and Allen
(and won't he make an amazing father?!...sigh)


Hey Jill- You should set up a bank account that people can donate to.
ReplyDeletei think that's a good idea, too- set up an account that people could donate to.
ReplyDeletesome of my good friends keep reminding me that some things are worth going into debt for- people go into debt for school, and if this is the only way to have a baby, the debt is worth it and may be unavoidable. i hated the idea of going into debt to have a baby so we put off seeing a specialist for a while, but as soon as we finally decided to make the appointment, we found out that our insurance will cover 90% of in vitro.
i was reading D&C 123:17 last night. it says "let us cheerfully do all things that lie in our power; then may we stand still with the utmost assurance, to see...God, and for his arm to be revealed." i loved the reminder in this scripture that we must cheerfully do everything we can, then we have to trust that God will do the rest. i know things will work out for you guys! you're doing everything you can, and somehow God will make up the difference.
Beautiful Carly! Thank you so much for your thoughts.
ReplyDeleteBest of luck! My prayers are with you. I would love to help out if I can. You are not alone in this. I admire your strength.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you now have a plan. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help...wish we lived closer. You will continue to be in our prayers...that miracles will happen for you. Love ya!
ReplyDeleteHi, you don't know me, but I found your blog on the Deseret News ad. I too have been trying to get a baby for 3 years. I have been told by 3 different doctors that there is nothing wrong with me or my husband.... yet there's no baby. I was wondering who your doctor is... I have hit a brick wall with the one I have now. She seems to be too busy to really sit down and talk and REALLY help. I've had a failed IUI, and am getting ready to try In Vitro the first of the year, but I want a good doctor. Good luck to you and your husband. I know how hard this is... I wouldn't wish it on anyone!!!
ReplyDelete