I'm excited (and a bit overwhelmed) to be planning this 5K run. There's alot that goes into it! Who knew?!
Last night, 2 dear friends joined me in my living room for a bit of brainstorming. I sat there rather numb. My mind is still spinning I suppose... Those two lovely women have been and will continue to be a huge help and support to Marv and I. I really love them. Perhaps they didn't know what they were getting into when they decided to be my friend. Suckers! (*wink*)
We've decided that "Pounding the Pavement for Parenthood"(clever huh?) will take place November 13 (tenatively). The race will start at 10 am and will end at a park where we will enjoy a bake sale, goodie bags for participants, and possibly some live entertainment. There will also be raffles to be involved in where you can win gift certificates from various local venders. I think it really will be a fun day (and emotional for me I'm sure).
Pre-registration will be $15 and will go through November 6. I'll be putting up a link soon to get registration going. Same-day registration will be $20 and all donations will be genuinely appreciated.
I've also decided that if all goes well and this race is a success I'd really like to keep it going in years to come. Perhaps I could help another couple who has been struggling with fertility. No matter if this treatment works for us or not, I want to help. Infertility is a cause that will never leave me and I hope to make a difference no matter how small.
Please let me know if you are at all interested in helping with this charity run: donating, sponsoring, volunterring, or running/walking. I hope to get alot of people involved not only for our benefit, but for infertility awareness, as well as advertising for local small businesses. I hope this can be something that will help people realize how many people are affected by this struggle and support those of us who are.
Now, I can't express my appreciation for the support we have felt so far. I have been so touched by caring emails from women (strangers until now) who have shared their stories of hope and encouragement with me the last few days. It makes a huge difference for me to stay positive through this process and these emails have been an answer to prayers. Thank you for taking the time. I am so grateful for it.
I hope to meet and chat with any readers someday.
Perhaps at the 5K?
Or maybe through photography? (if you are interested, click here)
I really do feel blessed for the people in my life and for the support I've felt.
Thank you more than I can say.
Love,
Jill (mom wanna-be, photographer, yard saleswoman, and race director?)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I haven't read for awhile so I had to catch up. Congrats on getting a plan and moving forward with it. I bet it feels great to have a new goal. On the other hand I feel for the emotions you have. I remember going to my "specialist" appointment and them telling us the same thing. I went home a cried too.
ReplyDeleteI loved living in Utah but I hated being surrounded by Utah people. I totally know about the "cycle" and having to endure pregancy whoes. Drove me crazy. I had and still have to hold my tongue and not say "well, at least you can be uncomfortable, so live with it" :) nice huh?
After our next adoption we are hoping to do IVF so I would love to hear everything about your journey!
Good luck Jill!
Jill,
ReplyDeleteYou may or may not remember me, but you took my family pics last year. (I'm friends with Heather and you used my family pic on the race registration form :)) Anyway...I love to quilt and I would be happy to donate two quilts for the raffle. A baby boy and a baby girl quilt. Please let me know you would want them, asap so I make them!
~Cammie
mcheaston at yahoo dot com
oops! my email is at gmail.com
ReplyDelete