Being a mother is something I have waited and prayed for since I was a young girl mothering dolls. After 4 years of infertility, tests and procedures that failed 100% of the time, we were blessed with a miracle. I have become passionate about helping others through the struggle of infertility and have started a non-profit organization in order to reach out to people across the country.

It has been a process of sorts to be open enough to talk about this part of me, but it is now something that I choose to embrace and appreciate, as I have learned more and more about myself and my purpose.

I hope this blog can be a place where you can find strength and support through others who know the struggle. Please feel free to contact me with questions, advice, or any and all venting. I know that with the help of each other, we can overcome this struggle...or at least handle it in a way that will leave us better for it.

Welcome to my blog - My Journey To Fertility.

Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Worthy?

Somedays I wonder.
I wonder if I'm good enough; worthy enough to be blessed with a child.
I don't know if I am, or if I ever will be.
It's not a poor me feeling.
I don't have this thought only on my down days.
I just wonder.
It's amazing to me when I look at a baby and think about how it's possible that any of us are blessed with this responsibility;
to teach them how to be.
The Lord trusts us to raise them.
The child trusts us to teach.
Do I trust ME??
Humbling.

I wonder...

I don't know if I'll be a good mom.
I don't know when I'll even be blessed with the opportunity.
All I know is that I will work on myself, and try to become my best self.
I will pray.
I will work.
I will DO whatever it takes to try to become more worthy.

As an update, this current regimen I'm doing is going well. I feel good, although I still haven't lost the extra weight I gained with the meds I was taking before I went the homeopathic route. Oh well. The only side effects I've had with these drops is pain and growing (rapid, painful, annoying growing) in... certain areas. I hope my prolactin level is still under control.

That is all I'll say. I'm sure you wanted to know. ;)

2 comments:

  1. You ARE worthy. You are all that you want to be. The fact that you are working on different parts of you shows me that you are unlike others. I think about you often and pray for you! It will happen, one day, unexpectedly. It will, I am sure of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are BEYOND worthy. Love you!

    ReplyDelete