
At my age and stage of life, play dates and babysitting swaps are the norm. It's just part of a mothers life. The other day I came home during my lunch break and saw that one of the women down the street had set up a tent in her front yard. There were a bunch of kids playing in and out of it. The mothers of these children stood by watching, talking, and laughing.
I sat there for a minute in my driveway...
I thought of what it might be like to join them...
Then I thought of my own friends; these women I look up to and love to be around...
They get together often with their own kids...
In a way, at that moment, I felt just a little left out.

This is nothing that can be remedied or avoided. It's not like they are making me feel left out. I feel their support and friendship everytime I see them. It's just the stage. The stage I'm waiting patiently (sometimes not so patiently) to be in; where I feel like I should be...
And this is where I am...


So hard Jilly! Sending my love your way. I know our situations are very different but I understand what you are saying. It's just plain hard! I ache for what you are having to go through. Praying for you! Love ya!
ReplyDeleteit was a great night.. none of us wanted to leave, it was so great to sit and talk and just feel loved.. thanks for being such a great friend Jill!!
ReplyDeleteSometimes that's the hardest thing. Standing on the outside looking in. I remember many a years feeling that way. Sometimes I still do. My heart goes out to Jill.
ReplyDeleteLove ya Jill. I am glad I have known you since 1st grade. I thought you and Meag were the cool and pretty girls on D track in Mrs Davies class. I wish I could put a baby in your tummy.
ReplyDelete-Lau
I feel that I could have written this post... I mirror your thoughts and words. I often feel a sense of being "left out" or "left behind" since I I feel that I am stuck in between stages in my life while my friends move on. It is nice to read this and know that there are others who understand emotions I have.
ReplyDeleteI definitely feel this way all the time!!! Especially with my inlaws. And other people- some people just don't get it and could be a little more understanding. But I do know I need to be not so easily ofended. Anyway, it can be so so hard when all those your age, and younger are having babies, like there 3rd. And you want to be with them. I think this is the hardest part. I am semi dreading my upcoming birthday.
ReplyDeleteSorry to have been so negative. But it does feel better getting these feelings out and written down and shared. It makes not as hard knowing your not alone.