Being a mother is something I have waited and prayed for since I was a young girl mothering dolls. After 4 years of infertility, tests and procedures that failed 100% of the time, we were blessed with a miracle. I have become passionate about helping others through the struggle of infertility and have started a non-profit organization in order to reach out to people across the country.

It has been a process of sorts to be open enough to talk about this part of me, but it is now something that I choose to embrace and appreciate, as I have learned more and more about myself and my purpose.

I hope this blog can be a place where you can find strength and support through others who know the struggle. Please feel free to contact me with questions, advice, or any and all venting. I know that with the help of each other, we can overcome this struggle...or at least handle it in a way that will leave us better for it.

Welcome to my blog - My Journey To Fertility.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Angels... & GO TEAM WITT!

Let me introduce you to an angel. She is tall and beautiful. She is smart and ambitious. She is so fun and has a BIG heart. Her name is Kristin Call.

Because of Pound the Pavement for Parenthood, I have had the great opportunity of meeting some incredible people. It's been a pleasure to reach out to others to offer support in the cause of building families. In turn, I have had many reach out to me as well. It has been unexpected and very special for me. Kristin is one of those people. We haven't known each other long. We had emailed back and forth, but in fact, first met face to face at the 5K this year. Since then, we have become fast friends; easy to do when you share such a passion (and struggle) for infertility, plus she's flipping FANTASTIC!

I respect the way she thinks. I appreciate the way she cares. And I LOVE the way she acts. I truly believe this tall lovely lady has been perfectly placed in my life at this time because of the years of prayers offered by Marv and I, along with our wonderful family and friends. She is giving us an incredible opportunity to pay off our last (extremely weird/expensive) IVF cycle and get ready for the next. I've been in awe ever since she has stepped so graciously into my life.

She and her husband, Cameron, have offered to hold a silent online auction on June 24th and 25th at goteamwitt.blogspot.com to help us raise these precious funds for us! How incredible is that?!


We are so lucky to be sponsored for an amazing auction with some fabulous products and packages, but we are still in need of donations. Anything you would be willing to donate will be appreciated and move us a step closer to becoming parents.

Here's how you can help:
1. If you are a business owner (or know someone) and would like to donate an item to be auctioned off, please click here for more information. We are also interested in finding a business that would be willing to match our total donation goal....!

2. Bid on our online auctions starting June 24th!

3. If you are uninterested in either of these options, you can always go directly to http://goteamwitt.blogspot.com and click the donate button to make a monetary donation.

4. Spread the word on your blog,facebook.or twitter! This will be a huge help.

Let me know if you have any questions. Or contact Kristin Call, the generous genious behind it all.

Thank you so much for your generosity! We so appreciate your willingness to support this cause, and we appreciate the support you have already offered. THANK YOU KRISTIN AND CAMERON CALL our friends, our angels, our answered prayers. We love you.

Love, Allen, Jill, and Baby Witt (Baby Call's future spouse/best friend)

2 comments:

  1. I'm so happy I found your blog! It seems like we have a lot in common--one failed IVF cycle, and endless amounts of unsolicited advice. We did IVF with ICSI, and unfortunately it was a big, fat, flaming failure. Because of limited options here in Utah, we're looking at a few other programs out of state if and when we're ready.

    Infertility is the crappiest, most horrible, gut-wrenching trial ever invented to torture LDS women, isn't it? But at least we can choose to find friends who get it and can walk the hellish path with us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just posted about your auction on my blog. Infertility is so difficult and I hope that this auction (and the prayers and support) from strangers helps you and your husband in your journey.

    ReplyDelete