I've lately been trying to determine how I can possibly create a life where I can be 100% happy. Perfectly satisfied. And Marv too. Maybe that is unrealistic? But I don't think so.
I'm a dreamer. Since I said 'yes' to Marv, I have dreamed up a delightful life for us. And I immediately started dreaming of our children. Because of recent events, my dreams have been forced to move beyond a child. I really have no choice after a failed (and unbelievable abnormal) IVF cycle, do I? Perhaps a defense or coping mechanism? I don't know, but up until a few months ago, I really only had the dream of motherhood. A dream that included Marv being dad to some chubby goodness looking particularly like us. I dreamed of taking pictures of this child fishing with Marv, cooking with me, and camping with us. What a dream.
I think it has kept me pre-occupied. I think it actually has kept me too occupied. Why have I kept that 1% on hold, unable to enjoy it as if it were happiness reserved only if children moved from dream to reality? Why have I held myself (and my Marv) back from fully enjoying our lives together? It's too bad. Life really can be too wonderful to not enjoy it fully.
So here I am. Repentant and hopeful for the life we are creating together. Whatever it turns out to be, I know it can be fantastic if I choose to let that 99% of good finally overtake that measley ever-lingering 1%. Silly. And exciting.


i've had these same thoughts lately, too. it's interesting trying to find something that can fill the void of being a mother at least for the time being. thank you for sharing!
ReplyDeleteJill, my heart goes out to you. I admire your courage to feel and take hold of the situation. You are an example to me. If only we could all be so aware of ourselves and try to reach our potential. :)
ReplyDelete