Have you ever felt stress; the kind of stress that stretches you so thin, you forget who you are and what you know?
Here I am.
And I'm trying to figure it (me) out.
If you can't tell, there is much that is going through my thought processes.
Please excuse me while I try to make sense of it all, and try to piece myself back together.

While we all wait for that to happen...
Does anyone have any insight on the effects of stress and infertility? I'm curious and would love to hear from anyone who could enlighten me. Please comment or email with any advice or love. I would surely appreciate it.
Thank you.


Jill:
ReplyDeleteSending some love...LOVE YOU!
all i can say is i know how you feel! i recently read a book that reported results from a study at NYU which found that infertility patients had higher stress rates than cancer patients.
ReplyDeleteone thing i have recently been doing is acupuncture. i really really like it. i find it very relaxing and i have noticed that i've been sleeping better and less stressed (although that may be because we decided to "take a break" from all things infertility related this summer) i'm curious to see if i still feel this calm now that we're seeing a new doctor and trying a new course of action.
i try to keep myself busy and distracted so that i don't think too much about it. i write in my journal. i cry. i pray. i bake treats for friends. i have people over for dinner. i read lots of books. i just do everything i can to keep my mind off it.
i'd love to hear what you do to deal with the stress of infertility. it effects everyone differently, so everyone has different ways of handling it.
Love ya Jill. Glad to call you one of my besties!
ReplyDeleteThere are definitely studies that correlate stress and infertility, though of course, it's hard to tell which started first.
ReplyDeleteOf course, for your body to work optimally, reducing stress is always a good thing...but I know it's hard.
We've been talking recently about starting to "Try" again, and I can already feel my stress levels rising. It's hard to avoid.
To combat it, I try to plan my day out, read my scriptures, say my prayers (and pray for calm, peace, serenity) and exercise. After that, it's just a matter of being conscious about my thoughts. (It's still hard, but doable.)
Believe me when I say I know how you feel. You'll get through this.
All my love.
Jill,
ReplyDeleteI 'believe' stress has a MAJOR part in all of our infertility...if we stress it gives us headaches we bloat and retain water, our eyes get bloodshot we become exhausted, etc...so if it's effecting our bodies on a normal day to day basis then I'm sure it's effecting our periods and ovulation (or lack of ovulation).
Love you Jilly!
Love you Jill. Hope you were able to enjoy the long weekend and spend some time relaxing or doing something you love to do!
ReplyDeleteI think about you all the time! You are always in my prayers!!!
ReplyDeleteI haven't checked this blog for awhile but that still doesn't mean I haven't been thinking about you! I want to start teaching yoga so I purchased Beth Shaw's Yogafit (ed. 2) and it talks about the philosophy of yoga. I can be a serious stress case- ask Paul, but after reading a few pages of this book and some of it's breathing techniques, I have improved. Check it out and tell me what you think. Then go to a yoga class and remember what you read:)
ReplyDelete