Being a mother is something I have waited and prayed for since I was a young girl mothering dolls. After 4 years of infertility, tests and procedures that failed 100% of the time, we were blessed with a miracle. I have become passionate about helping others through the struggle of infertility and have started a non-profit organization in order to reach out to people across the country.

It has been a process of sorts to be open enough to talk about this part of me, but it is now something that I choose to embrace and appreciate, as I have learned more and more about myself and my purpose.

I hope this blog can be a place where you can find strength and support through others who know the struggle. Please feel free to contact me with questions, advice, or any and all venting. I know that with the help of each other, we can overcome this struggle...or at least handle it in a way that will leave us better for it.

Welcome to my blog - My Journey To Fertility.

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Interview

A couple of weeks ago I read an email from Hikari.
She is a reporter for the Deseret News Mormon Times.
In the email she told me she was writing an article on infertility in the Mormon culture and the insensitivity couples struggling may face.
She was doing research online and came across this blog.
She asked if she could interview me.
I was intrigued. Also, maybe a little nervous.
Her intent seems so appropriate and sincere.
After a couple of back and forth emails, I agreed to meet with her in my home.

Last night she came over and we chatted for over an hour.
It was a great conversation.
It wasn't just awkward on-the-spot Q&A.
It was a discussion...only with a tape recorder. :)
I'm so glad she decided to write this article.
Infertility affects so many people and I for one (and apparently two) think it's important to make people aware of infertitly and how common it is; if anything to help people who don't struggle glimpse into how difficult it is and maybe learn how to offer help.
I know Hikari is doing her research and will do a great job.
She was so sweet, sensitive, and supportive as we talked.

Thank you Hikari (Rachel). ;)
It was a theraputic evening for me and I can't wait to read your piece.
I have a feeling you will help many people.
Thank you for the opportunity.

Love, Jill

5 comments:

  1. Wow, (here I am commenting on both your blogs...) that is really interesting. I can't think of a better person for her to interview then you, you have such a wonderful attitude and perspective. I can't wait to read her piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did her piece ever come out? I would love to read it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The article was perfect enough for my mother in Idaho to send it to me here in Nebraska. Thanks for sharing such a sensitive, emotional part of your life. It really does help people like me to feel not so alone.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It helped me find this blog. Which I am very grateful for. So thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was just sent this article by my mother as well...I couldn't believe how similar my feelings are to your article, and it was a real help. Now I'm just checking out your blog! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete